Registering For a Course
the courses are offered based on market demand through the certified
instructors. Please see the separate web pages for specific
information on the following courses and the registration process:
- Comprehensive Course (5-day)
- Comprehensive Course - Challenge Process
- Field Operator Course (1-day)
should also be noted that many of the local community colleges
have integrated these courses into their curriculum and it may
be possible to take a course in concert with a regularly offered
The fees for these courses vary based on the following requirements and variables:
- The number of students taking the course.
- The course location compared to Instructors home location (i.e. travel and per diem required)
- The Instructors time (i.e. charge-out rate)
- Materials (e.g. participants course manuals, etc.)
- The cost of renting the training facility.
- The cost of renting GPS receivers (1 per 2 students) and computers (1 per student).
In order to help improve the return on training investment by reducing the costs, there are three options available to participants:
- If the participant supplies a supported GPS receiver and is willing to share it 50:50 with another student, registration fees can be reduced by the amount it would cost to rent that unit (see registration page for current rental rate).
- If the participant supplies a laptop computer the registration fee can be reduced by the amount it would cost to rent the laptop computer.
- For in-house sessions, costs can be further reduced if the sponsoring agency supplies the meeting room to host the training.
To discuss these options please contact the Instructors